The Northumberland Players are pleased to announce that the we are once again making scholarships available to graduating students from public (Kawartha Pine Ridge and Peterborough Victoria Northumberland & Clarington Catholic District School Boards) secondary schools in Northumberland County.
This includes the following schools:
- Campbellford District High School
- Cobourg Collegiate Institute
- East Northumberland Secondary School
- Port Hope High School
- St. Mary Catholic Secondary School
These scholarships are awarded to a student planning to attend a post-secondary institution as described for each award below.
Criteria for Scholarship Awards
Northumberland Players Performing Arts Award – $600
Awarded to one student in the graduating class and nominated by one of the schools listed above and has been:
- Active on- or off-stage in the performing arts at their school or community (including Northumberland Players).
- Accepted to study in a post-secondary program in the performing arts or a related discipline (e.g., stage management, costume design, dance, music, scenic design, stage lighting, sound design).
Northumberland Players 40th Anniversary Award – $600
Awarded to one student in the graduating class of any of the schools listed above who applies directly to Northumberland Players and has been:
- Involved for a significant amount of time with Northumberland Players productions; and
- Accepted to study full-time in university or college in a field of their choice.
Nomination and Applications
Nominations from schools (for the Northumberland Players Performing Arts Award) and applications from individual students (for the Northumberland Players 40th Anniversary Award) must be received by 11 June 2021 and include the following information:
- Name, permanent address, email and digital photo portrait of the student
- Description of how the student fulfills the award criteria.
- The planned post-secondary program being attended, including proof of acceptance..
- Permission for Northumberland Players to publicize the student’s name, image, and secondary and post-secondary schools.
Best wishes to all!