Learning, Laughing and Building Confidence Through Drama
A memorable experience for children ages 7 - 12.
Youth Theatre Summer Camps
Northumberland Players Summer Camp 2021 welcomes children aged 7-12 to immerse themselves in live theatre activities and tons of fun!
Campers will learn about acting, basic improv, projection, stage management, lighting, and set design.
Our talented instructors guide young people through the entire process of mounting a production beginning with the audition through to the final bows.
Campers’ days are packed with fun, games and activities chosen to focus and teach stage skills needed for stage performance as well as everyday life.
Ages 7 - 9
CS1: July 12-16, 2021
CS2: August 2 - 6, 2021
CS3: August 23 - 27, 2021
9:00am - 4:00pm
The campers in the Centre Stage programme will experience the different aspects of theatre including acting, improvisation, costumes and so much more through various activities games and workshops!
There will be a showcase for family and friends at the end of the week: this will be either outdoors or in a digital format where family can watch through a link.
Ages 10 - 12
FS1: July 19 - 23, 2021
FS2: August 9 - 13, 2021
FS3: August 16 - 20, 2021
9:00am - 4:00pm
Campers in the Future Stars programme will experience theatre camp on a whole new level!
The week will build on previous skills and focus on character development, blocking and acting technique in small scenes. While getting a chance to strut their stuff on stage they will also get a chance to learn about stage management, lighting and sound!
The campers will be able to explore all aspects of what it takes to put a production together with a finished performance at the end of the week. There will be a showcase for family and friends at the end of the week: this will be either outdoors or in a digital format where family can watch through a link.
- Only one camp session will run each week. Space is limited to 8 campers and 2 instructors.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Your spot is not confirmed until payment is received and you have received a confirmation email from us.
- Payment by e-transfer is preferred. Payment instructions are included in the checkout process.
Health & Safety
Provincial protocols and safety practices will be followed for the combination of indoor and outdoor activities.
The Northumberland Players have ordered medical grade air scrubbers and hand sanitizing stations.
- If for any reason the the camps are cancelled due to government policy changes before the camps start a full refund will be given.
- If a camp is cancelled part way through the camp a refund for the days not attended will be given.
- If you cancel less than 14 days before the start of your session a $100 refund will be given. A full refund less a $40 admin fee will be given if the spot is filled with a camper on a waiting list.
- If you cancel after payment but more than 14 days before the start of your session, you will receive a refund less a $40 admin fee.
Illness During Camp
If your child is ill during camp we will give a credit for future youth workshops and camps. $35 per day missed.