Expand Your Creative Side!
A memorable experience for teens ages 13 - 17.
Youth Theatre Summer Workshops
Intermediate Theatre Arts Workshop
Ages 13 - 15
ITA1: July 26 - 30, 2021
9:00am - 4:00pm
This week is designed for theatre arts students interested in a performing arts program designed expand their creative sides through acting technique, scene study, monologue and script writing by our imaginative and well-trained counsellors. Don’t worry, we promise it will be fun!
Students will be challenged to open up as actors and as young adults bringing together all of their knowledge of live theatre. The week session is designed for students interested in theatre classes in secondary and post secondary and local community theatre productions.
The week culminates in a live outdoor performance or a streamed showcase for friends and family.
Audition for the Senior Intensive Theatre Workshop
Ages 14 - 17
Audition: Jul 11, 2021, 10am - 12pm
Workshops: July 18, 25, August 8, 10am - 2pm
Production: Fall 2021
Audition/Improv Workshop: Free
Workshops: $100 for 3
Join us for a free improv workshop and audition for a part in our fall Youth Theatre production.
After a successful audition, you will be invited to join the Senior Theatre Intensive Workshop that runs on July 18, 25, and August 8 10:00am-2:00pm, plus rehearsals and shows in the fall. The workshop cost is $100.
The series of workshops are designed for the theatre arts student with onstage experience or previous workshop experience. These students are typically involved in high school drama classes and plays, film or have been in local or professional projects.
The workshops provide advanced improvisation activities, audition prep strategies, scene study sessions and acting technique. The entire program is design to build skills to perform a Youth production in the fall of 2021.
The schedule is designed to allow actors to schedule around part time jobs and some flexibility of dates may be discussed once the cast is selected.
- Only one camp session will run each week. The Intermediate Theatre Arts workshop is limited to 8 campers and 2 instructors.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Your spot is not confirmed until payment is received and you have received a confirmation email from us.
- Payment by e-transfer is preferred. Payment instructions are included in the checkout process.
Health & Safety
Provincial protocols and safety practices will be followed for the combination of indoor and outdoor activities.
The Northumberland Players have ordered medical grade air scrubbers and hand sanitizing stations.
- If for any reason the the camps are cancelled due to government policy changes before the camps start a full refund will be given.
- If a camp is cancelled part way through the camp a refund for the days not attended will be given.
- If you cancel less than 14 days before the start of your session a 50% refund will be given. A full refund less a $40 admin fee will be given if the spot is filled with a camper on a waiting list.
- If you cancel after payment but more than 14 days before the start of your session, you will receive a refund less a $40 admin fee.
Illness During Camp
If your child is ill during camp we will give a credit for future youth workshops and camps. $35 per day missed.