Scholarships for Post-Secondary Education
These scholarships are available to graduating students from public (Kawartha Pine Ridge and Peterborough Victoria Northumberland & Clarington Catholic District School Boards) secondary schools in Northumberland County, including the following schools:
- Campbellford District High School
- Cobourg Collegiate Institute
- East Northumberland Secondary School
- Port Hope High School
- St. Mary Catholic Secondary School
These awards are funded entirely by the 50/50 draw held every year at the dinner theatre at the Best Western Cobourg Inn & Convention Centre.
The Northumberland Players Performing Arts Award
A $600 scholarship, The Northumberland Players Performing Arts Award is awarded to one student nominated by one of the schools listed above who is in the graduating class and has been:
- active on- or off-stage in the performing arts at the school, or in the community (including with Northumberland Players); and
- accepted to study in a post-secondary program in the performing arts or a related discipline (e.g., theatre, stage management, costume design, dance, music, scenic design, stage lighting, sound design)
Northumberland Players 40th Anniversary Award
A $600 scholarship, The Northumberland Players 40th Anniversary Award is awarded to one student in the graduating class of any of the schools listed above who applies directly to Northumberland Players and has been:
- involved for a significant amount of time with Northumberland Players productions; and
- accepted to study full-time in university or college in a field of their choice.
Nomination and Applications
Nominations from schools (for the Northumberland Players Performing Arts Award) and applications from individual students (for the Northumberland Players 40th Anniversary Award) must be received by June 12, 2020, and include the following information:
- Name, permanent address, email, and digital photo portrait of the student
- Description of how the student fulfills the award criteria
- The planned post-secondary program being attended, including proof of acceptance.
- Permission for Northumberland Players to publicize the student’s name, image, and secondary and post-secondary schools.
Submit your nomination or application by email to Fran Martin.